Monday, October 27, 2008

Back To Civilian World

Hi everyone! It has been almost a month since I last wrote. Since I last wrote, I have flown back to Utah. I will be here for 3 months. So I will fly back to Okinawa on January 28th. So far things have been very interesting for me. Kayli and Kayden got pretty sick. Kayli got a rash from neck to belly from some new allergy and unknown to us, until we took her to the doctor an ear infection. We got here and she was fussy and whiney, which is not like her at all. So the ear infection explains it all. Her rash is about gone and she is so much happier since we started giving her antibiotics and tylenol. Kayden and Kayli have both had explosive diahreah. Kayden is better now thank goodness. I was getting sick of doing a full load of disgusting clothes EVERYDAY! I think we are all on the track to getting used to the dry air again. Jesse didn't have one issue and still hasn't, knock on wood.My grandpa offered me job as a supervisor for $12/hr. for about 2 weeks. It would be nice, but hard to do with the 3 kiddos. I am pretty much enjoying it here. I am enjoying my kids being able to play outside on the farm. They are having a blast with all their cousins and grandparents and uncles and aunts. It was so great to finally meet my new niece and nephew that I met for the first time. It was especially fun for everyone to meet Kayli. We haven't made it around to everyone yet, but were working on it, we still have plenty of time. It is kinda weird to be here without Dallas. Oh the only bad thing about coming back was that the driving really, really got to me. I was having major panic attacks every time the driver would turn onto the road(on the wrong side.....or at least it felt wrong to me). I was even having issues remember what side of the road to be on and I felt like I was on the wrong side of the vehicle. My brain really messed with me for the first week. I am pretty much back to normal, every once in a while my brain will try and trick me. I didn't think that 9 months of driving on the other side of the road and vehicle would cause me to freak out so bad back in the states, I mean seriously... I have been driving in the states for 7 years and then 9 months totally screwed me up. I can only imagine what it is gonna be like once we have been there for 3 years. I am really gonna have issues then. It is nice to be able to drive my big ol' truck again though. I kinda miss my van in Okinawa though. I could at least fit everyone in it( 8 seats vs. 6 seats). Now that we have added Kayli and Madeleinne(Jessica's Baby) to our family we need the extra 2 seats to go places with everyone.
Dallas is doing good in Iraq. He is losing weight, which is a good thing for the fact that he has had such trouble doing it at home(we eat to much LOL). He went over weighing 234 and now is down to 208, which he hasn't been at in over 4 years. Yay Dallas. He is getting super excited to get promoted to Staff Sgt. Hopefully it will be in January or February. He really misses everyone and wishes he could come spend the time here with everyone, as we are doing. If you would like to contact him you can go to his myspace page and write him. He should write you back. It may not be immediately but he will write you back.
I will have pictures up soon of a few fun things we have done since we got back to the Civilian World. Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the diarrhea thing! We are so sick of laundry also. We can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i I am so happy to hear that everyone is better now. Tell Dallas Congrats on promo and weight loss. Not that I thought he needed to lose weight. Have fun while u are home! Miss u guys !

    ReplyDelete