Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kayden and His Balloon



So lately Kayden has been obsessed with balloons. His obsession started when my friend gave him a glove balloon at the dr. office. Well he was playing with it and it accidentally hit a Master Seargent in the face(remember this is a BALLOON). So she grabbed his balloon and popped it. My jaw dropped, I could not believe someone would pop a 2 year olds balloon, let alone a woman. The couple next to me had their jaw on the ground also. I sat there getting madder and madder, but didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause a scene. Well I finally thought "ok i'm just going to get him another one and let him play with it just to make her mad". So I went and got him another one while we were waiting. Kayden looked at this lady and said in a ver mad voice, " DON'T POP MY BALLOON". I was so proud of him. She retaliated and said well don't hit me in the face, so I finally told her that it was extremely rude to pop his balloon. She claims she warned him, but sitting as close as we were I would have heard her say something, but she handn't said one word. Needless to say she got quiet, because she knew I was right! The dr. finally called us back and the couple next to us had been called back already, as we were walking back she came out with another balloon for Kayden also. I was so happy she thought of that too. This nice lady made a remark to the MEAN lady, " That lady should be ASHAMED of herself", and she said it loud. I was smiling because I loved that she said that. Anyway that is what got him started with his obsession. By the time we left the dr. he ended up with 3 balloons and he was so scared that someone would pop them. I reassured him that nobody would pop them unless he did it himself. So last week he had a bag full of balloons and he made me blow every single one of them up. I of course did, because I love to see him smile. Well over the course of about 3 days he had them all popped. He was so sad and everytime we went to the store he wanted more, but I was ballooned out. Well he finally asked the guy at the store if he could have one that they had to decorate the store with. He didn't let that balloon out of his sight for anything. He even slept with it. Hence the picture below. It's amazing that something so insignificant can be so significant to a child. I love to see my children smile. It's like a breath of fresh air. They are so innocent and free. My children make me so happy. I am so blessed to have my beautiful children and their father.


1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute! I am so glad I found your blog. Mine is under construction! danielleandaugustspangler@blogspot.com

    We miss you!

    --Danielle

    ReplyDelete